Follow Your Heart Travel’s FINE PRINT NITTY GRITTY DETAILS
When you travel with Follow Your Heart (FYH), our different options for travel vary. We include some things and don’t include others.
- Airfare to and from country where you will be traveling with FYH
- Immigration visas for entry into country where you will be traveling with FYH
- Tips for local guides/drivers
- Travel Insurance (Attendees are all responsible for having their own medical, travel and personal insurance. In case of any emergencies, please have contact information available to notify others back home. Before the trip, please inform us of any food allergies and/or meal preferences that you have (vegetarian, allergies, etc.)
- Personal Expenditures (souvenirs, water, drinks, laundry, activities on free days or other things not included in the itinerary, etc)
- Other transportation transfers or excursions, and experiences not specified in the trip itinerary
- Accommodations before Day 1 of any itinerary and after the final day of any itinerary
- Transportation to/from airport if before Day 1 of itinerary or after the final day of any itinerary
- Meals not mentioned in itineraries
Deposits and Payments
Please double check your schedule for any conflicts with this event before moving forward with this registration as deposits are non-refundable, but are transferrable to someone else for the itinerary and date you initially chose.
A non-refundable deposit is required upon reservation to secure your dates and itinerary. Each itinerary will state what its deposit amount is upon web or email inquiry. Depending on your country of origin, it may be made through Paypal or eTransfer or Bankwire (+ bank fee). Please inquire with us for instructions.
A second payment is usually due 3 months before your trip begins.
Payments may be made via bank wire to our local company in itinerary destination, ie if you are going to Morocco, you will need it to be wired to our local Morocco company…if you are going to Turkey, it will be wired to our local Turkey company, etc.
(Please note that you will need to add the bank fee to cover it in the local countries as well – inquire as to the fee for each country)
The final payment is due 30 days before the trip starts or there is also the option of bringing the remaining balance for some of the trips with you on your first day of itinerary. Whatever suits you best.
All prices are in US $ dollars or Euros € as stated. Please note prices may vary without notice or due to currency exchange.
Terms of Cancellations
UPDATED MARCH 12, 2020 as a result of the rapidly evolving impact on international travel and COVID-19.
These new cancellation policies below will apply for all new and existing bookings until further notice.
Cancellation by us
If we cancel your trip booking, you can choose to:
- transfer amounts you have already paid to an alternate departure date;
- ask us to hold your money on file for up to 18 months; or
- receive a full refund, less any non-refundable deposits & unrecoverable costs.
Cancellation by you
- If you cancel or postpone your trip booking before final payment is made, you can choose to transfer your deposit to an alternative future trip, or hold what you have paid as a credit towards a future trip taken within 18 months from the date of cancellation. If you had planned to hand-carry your final payment to us, please send us 50% of the balance you were to pay (or an amount we can discuss, to off-set our cancellation fees we will incur for hotels, transportation, etc for your cancellation) via bank wire.
- If you have paid in full and cancel at least 31 days prior to departure, we will refund 50% of the trip cost and hold the remaining 50% as credit towards a future trip taken within 18 months from the date of cancellation.
- If you have paid in full and cancel at 30 days or less prior to departure, we will charge a €500 cancellation fee and hold the full payment as credit towards a future trip taken within 18 months from the date of cancellation.
Please note that the above amended conditions apply to the FYH land portion of your trip only. Airlines and other travel providers may charge additional fees.
If you need to cancel your trip with us, we must receive a written confirmation of your cancellation via e-mail.
We accept cancellations according to the followings conditions:
5 Months or more before starting your trip : 100 % refundable, minus non-refundable deposit
3 months : 50% refund, minus non-refundable deposit
2 months or less : not refundable
If trip is cancelled by events that are unforeseen by FYH or their local operators, your non-refundable deposit may be used to book a different trip in this case.
As for your balance owing, it is as the above conditions.
Limit of Liability
We contract with a network of companies, government agencies and individuals to assist in the running of our trips as agent for these third parties. We are not responsible for the acts and omissions of these third parties.
To the fullest extent permitted by law:
– any liability for any loss, death, injury or damage which you may suffer (directly or indirectly) in connection with or arising out of your participation in a trip, or any breach of the Booking Conditions, is excluded;
– you release us and our officers, employees, agents and representatives from any liability and expressly waive any claims you may have against us arising out of or in connection with your participation in a trip; and
– any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied by law into these Booking Conditions (Implied Warranty), is excluded.
Acceptance of risk
You acknowledge that the nature of the trip is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You will be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in our daily lives. We use information from government foreign departments and reports from our own contacts in assessing whether the itinerary should operate. However it is also your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all relevant travel information and the nature of your itinerary. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel.
Authority on trip
Our group trips are run by a local group leader affiliated with FYH. The decision of the group leader is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any traveller or staff member participating in the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a group leader, or interfere with the well-being or mobility of the group, the group leader may direct you to leave the trip immediately, with no right of refund. We may also elect not to carry you on any future trips booked. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited, and you also agree to travel in accordance with our responsible travel guidelines.
Travel insurance is mandatory for all our travellers and should be taken out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$200,000 for each of the categories of cover. We also strongly recommend it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects. You must provide proof of your travel insurance on the first day of your trip; you will not be able to join the trip without it. If you obtain travel insurance through us you acknowledge that you are satisfied with the level of insurance we have arranged.
~ Follow Your Heart Travel Experiences